Everyone wants quality things in life. We want a good quality of life that ranges from quality food, good health to good solutions. Generally, we all want value in everything. Particularly, we value our home, houses, cars, and our working spaces. Therefore, the Shifters and Movers team brings you this round-up of moving solutions to show you how to find the best movers in Kenya so that you get that good value and quality. As a professional moving team, we are giving you all the answers regarding home moving and office moving from experience. Literally, we are solving any question you’d be having about your move. We’ll tell you how much do moving companies charge to move and much more. You deserve to know all about relocation companies in Kenya from an insider.
Moving Solutions with All Frequent Questions Answered
The main purpose of these professional moving solutions update is to guide you on how to find the best movers in Kenya and make you get the best quality.
It’s not about us, it’s all about you and the value you get in your office and home moving.
You need to know what are the best things to do before moving, what to do during your moving and what to do after moving. These are the tips regarding all relocation and moving companies in Kenya.
It’s also a top source for all the movers in Kenya and abroad to know how to offer good services to their clients. Let’s dive into all the questions and see all the moving solutions.
Questions and Answers to Have Before Moving
First things first, let’s check the most questions most people ask themselves before the move.
1. How much do Moving Companies Charge in Kenya?
Most people wonder how much moving companies in Kenya charge to do home moving and office relocations. We all want the best price but with good services.
Below are the average moving charges and the best relocation charges so far from the leading relocation companies in Nairobi.
Note that special services are not included in the moving charges below.
Such excluded special services include cleaning services, technical home fixes like showerhead installations, television mounting, and subscription.
Kenya Moving Companies Charges
- Moving a 1 bedroom house from Roysambu to Ruaka an approximate distance of 15 Km will cost you approximately Ksh. 15,000.
- To moving a 2 bedroom house from Kahawa Sukari to Lower Kabete an approximate distance of 28 Km will cost you approximately Ksh. 23,000.
- Moving a 3 bedroom house from Karen to Embakasi an approximate distance of 28 Km will approximately cost you Ksh. 30,000.
Note > The above moving packages are inclusive of Packing, Loading, Relocation, Offloading, Arranging & Testing all Electronics.
Different moving charges are determined by the services you want. Here is a more elaborated description of specific moving charges in Kenya.
2. How much do moving companies charge to move offices and companies in Nairobi Kenya?
Company and office moving charges in Nairobi are usually determined by the size of the office and properties to be moved.
However, the least price that movers in Kenya charge to move offices within Nairobi is from Ksh. 15,000 for a standard size office.
3. How do I choose the best movers in Nairobi Kenya?
Choosing the best movers in Kenya requires you to know the exact moving solutions you require and what each of your movers is providing. Nevertheless, below is a great guide to help you in choosing the best office or home movers.
7 Guiding Steps on How to Choose The Movers Company
- First, list the companies you know and heard of before
- Do an online search to add some extra Kenya moving companies to your own list above
- Research on each of your listed moving companies
- Lookout to see each moving company works, experience, reviews, and recommendations
- Since you know what you want, select the best moving company that is providing the best moving solutions you are looking for.
- Contact the best 2 to see hear which moving company is better
- Choose the best that convinces you, do not go for cheapness, ensure you go for value.
Therefore, know exactly what you want to move to and match that with the best Kenya moving companies to offer you the best moving solutions.
4. How do I know the best movers in Kenya?
The best movers in Kenya provide the best services and are easy to find both online and offline. Moreover, the best relocation companies in Kenya are easily known to provide competitive moving solutions. The guide below will help you in knowing the best moving companies in Kenya;
Factors that make a good moving company
- A good brand appearance from their website and brand appearance; ensure they have a good web appearance with their images while working.
- Good previous portfolio; ensure you see their online referrals, reviews, and recommendations that talk on their behalf. Is the referral recommending or warning you?
- Physical location; good moving companies across the world have an office you can always visit and confirm if they are legit or an online scam.
- Provide professional packing, loading, offloading, and arranging; confirm the services they offer for their relocation packages.
- Competitive movers in Kenya provide great interior design services to help you settle in your new house professionally; what makes that moving company unique? The extra service they have, the better.
5. What are the best relocation companies in Nairobi Kenya?
After reviewing how to find the best movers in Kenya, these are the leading movers in Kenya; Shifters and Movers, Cube, and Nellion Movers.
Here is a comprehensive list of the best shifting and relocation companies in Kenya.
What are the best international moving companies?
International Van Lines wins in best overall distance moving solutions, American Van Lines wins in giving the best package prices, and Allied Van Lines wins in great customer experience.
6. How much do Professional Moving Companies Charge to Move Internationally?
Moving companies across different nations charge based on time and distance. Here is a guide to assist you to calculate the cost of your international move.
Across the United States, most moving companies charge moving costs per hour. The packages will give you all the moving solutions and services as requested and charged at the end of the move.
7. Should you help your movers in moving your house?
No. It is a quick no since that is the mover’s main work and they are paid to do the move professionally. However, you may help where necessary in packing the little private things while preparing to move.
Some of the things you can help in packing include any precious thing you’d not want to be touched by anyone apart from you. This is a good guide to show you some of the things to note before moving to a new house.
8. How far in advance should I book movers in Kenya?
The moment you decide to start hunting for a house to move into is the day you should start looking for your best movers company.
You should book your movers at least a month before your confirmed moving date. This helps you budget, know the scope of your house moving, and do an analysis of the best moving solutions.
A month prior to your moving day gives you time to also plan most effectively without pressure.
Nevertheless, here is a great guide on how to prepare for moving with a moving checklist. A list of what to do way before moving and after moving into your new house.
9. What are the things to know before hiring Movers in Kenya?
Some of the things to do before hiring a Movers Company include knowing all the details of your moving company. Below are some of the things to check before hiring movers in Kenya include;
What to Look for When Hiring a Moving Company
- Reviewing their existence: How old have they been around and what have they done so far?
- People’s recommendations: what are the people saying about the moving company?
- A good prior reputation in moving solutions: Do they have any experience and what does it say?
- Licensing and the company accreditation in Kenya: Is the company really registered for moving?
- Ability to meet your desired requirements for moving: How are they explaining your move?
- Their unique factor in moving business: What thing makes them unique?
The moving guys give you more tips to help you better know relocation companies in Kenya
10. How can I move long distances cheaply?
This is a common question from most people moving between Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu.
The easiest way to move long distances cheaply in Kenya is to contact your relocation companies in Kenya early enough. Contacting them early enables you to get offers from drop-offs and return packages.
This is usually cheap since your movers in Kenya serve you as a return package rather than the main package. This is done after they get a client they can combine with your move. However, you must be having a few households to move.
Otherwise, it will be expensive. Be cautious, cheap is not always valuable.
11. How much does it cost to relocate and move from Nairobi to Mombasa?
Movers in Kenya providing the best moving solutions to and from Mombasa charge from Ksh. 20,000 for a good moving package. However and as we always insist, go for value not price.
Cheap moving packages do not guarantee quality and expensive moving packages do not also necessarily mean high value. Do your research very well.
12. Can you hire a movers company to move one item?
Yes, most movers in Kenya provide one item moving solutions.
If you want to move your fridge, couch, bed, or any other thing, movers in Kenya will provide a valuable package for such a request. Here are our updates on such moving posts and plans.
13. How much do Moving Companies Charge to move a house within the same building?
The plain truth is that there are is no fixed moving price within the same building.
However, the best guide is that the price to move from one house to the other in the same apartment will be determined by your house size, properties, floor number, services you require, and availability of lifts and escalators.
Therefore, get the best value and pick the price that fits your budget to move within the same building. You can always get good and affordable relocation services here.
14. Must you be present while relocation companies move your house?
You don’t have to be presently available when you are moving with professional relocation companies in Kenya.
Most Kenya moving companies have integrity and provide reliable moving solutions to see move safely. However, ensure you follow the right procedure on things to note before hiring moving companies.
When you have the best moving company, your confidence in leaving them to move your house increases.
15. What is the cheapest day to move?
The cheapest day according to most movers in Kenya is between Monday and Thursday. This is on weekdays since most people prefer to move on weekends.
When relocation companies in Kenya experience low demand over the weekdays, the moving price goes down. Similarly, when most people demand moving solutions over the weekend, moving prices go higher.
Advice, get the best movers company in Kenya and mover over the weekdays before Friday.
16. How can I move without hiring a moving company?
Have you heard of DIY? Yes, you can do it yourself.
It’s not all the time you have the budget to hire a professional relocation company for moving. Sometimes you also want to get it done by yourself. But how?
Just have a team of friends willing to help, get moving materials, and use a moving guide to help you move.
Here is a point of concern, take care of the delicate appliances while moving, learn the secret on how to move a fridge and delicate stuff.
However, always know professional movers in Kenya come with such great moving benefits than you do with your friends.
17. How do I pack for moving?
Packing for moving is one of the greatest secrets to avoid moving breakages. Pack using the right packing boxes, the right wrappers, and ensure all the materials are strong enough to accommodate your households.
This whole update guides you on how to pack and prepare for moving. It’s the best.
18. Will the mover’s team pack everything for moving?
Yes, they should pack everything for moving if they are professional movers.
All professional relocation companies in Kenya come with great packing materials. Therefore, they pack and move everything professionally.
However, rogue movers will poorly pack while some will use substandard packing materials. So made a good choice to pack and pack with good packing materials. Here are packing tips for kids.
19. What should I pack for myself while preparing to move?
Always pack the essential things that you feel don’t need to be touched by anyone else apart from your hands. Mostly these things range from inner wears, jewelry, guns, and personal medicines.
However, a good moving company will pack such personal things separately in a nice way, mark and move the nicely for you.
20. Do relocation companies in Kenya disassemble beds?
Yes, movers in Kenya disassemble and fix the beds in your new house. Good relocation companies in Kenya will fix every other thing in the house from cookers, showerheads, lighting, and many more.
See the relocation process to fully understand how moving is done.
21. Do moving companies in Nairobi Kenya arrange houses after moving?
Yes, Kenya moving companies arrange houses nicely after moving. That’s why it’s good to always look out for recommendations of previous works to see if your chosen company does house arrangements.
Competitively, great relocation companies in Kenya provide interior arrangements. Such movers in Kenya have interior design experiences to give you great house arrangements with some elegant designs.
See the best interior design styles to consider in improving your house.
YOU HAVE ANY MOVING QUESTIONS AND YOU NEED AN ANSWER RIGHT NOW?
Well, add your question in the comment section below and we’ll update the post right away for you to get that moving solution.
We answer all the frequently asked questions about professional moving services from experience.
That makes us be very cautious in providing all our services to set the standards high for others to benchmark and follow.
Whats your take?