Are you wondering how to move out into your own house? Do you know the things to buy when moving out? This is the ultimate moving guide with a moving shopping list on the important things to buy before, during, and after moving to your new house. Shifters & Movers show you easy tips to enhance and improve your new house with great a list of interior design tips. Moving can be easy, we show you how.
More often most people get confused about moving out for the first time since they don’t what to buy, pack, move and improve their house. Especially if you are moving out for the very first time.
You need to have a moving shopping list, packing tips, know where you are moving to, house prices, and moving charges. With a good moving guide, moving out and relocating becomes easy.
So have you decided you are moving out? Are you still searching for a house or you already have secured a good house? Do you know what you need to start off the good life you have always been dreaming of in your new house? Do you know how to pack for moving? When have you planned to move out?
These are the more questions we will help you answer. We encounter them every day we get a person moving out for the very first time. The first moving tip is that ‘do not buy everything you want before you find a house you love.’
How to Find a House for the First Time
If it is your first time moving out to a new house, kindly do a proper house search.
Doing a proper house search means you explore the best houses you know and ask your best house agents. Moreover, technology has made it possible for you to find a good house in your comfort without moving.
For example, there is this online house portal if you are moving to Nairobi Kenya that helps you find a house and move you in. You search and find your perfect next house in your comfort using your phone or computer. Thereafter, all moving is done for you.
Therefore, if you are exploring the best houses you know physically, just visit the ones around you. Do not travel over and over like it happened in old age. Internet was a game-changer, my friend.
House Finding Tips
If you found a house online and it’s appealing to you yet it’s not too far, you can visit and have a physical look.
Compare house prices and estate charges before you pay for the house. Probably the next upcoming estate is cheaper, better, and spacious. This is how you prepare for house moving. Have you found your house or can we help?
Explore more on how to rent a house in Nairobi Kenya. Never pay for a house you have not seen and confirmed to be perfect for you. Use a friend or colleague for a second opinion of the house just before you pay.
These are the list of factors to check for your new house before you pay and move in. There is this research that was done to show the best affordable houses and top expensive houses in Nairobi Kenya. The research has a comprehensive list that will help if you are looking for a house to move into Nairobi.
Since we now know how to find the best house, let see what you should have on your moving shopping list. It is good to note your moving shopping list can be bigger than the list of the thing to buy when moving out.
Some things are bought before moving while others are bought during the move and after moving to your new house.
Moving Shopping List
A moving shopping list is a guide that prepares you on what to buy when you are planning on how to move out. Not everyone knows how to move out or the things to buy when moving out to a new house. A moving shopping list guides you nicely. Below are the main reasons you need a moving shopping list before moving to a new house
Benefits of a Moving Shopping List
- Makes moving out faster; guides you on the exact things to buy when moving out.
- Saves you money; you don’t end up buying unnecessary things.
- Makes your moving strategically efficient; guides you on things to buy before, during, and after moving out
- Help save time; your moving shopping list directs you on particular needed things rather than move up and down looking for everything to fit in a house.
- Acts as a reminder; you don’t forget to buy something.
- Enables you to pack for moving; delicate things in the list are bought together and packed according to the moving checklist.
Now let’s see the things to put on your list before moving out.
Things to Buy Before Moving Out
Some of the basic things you need to buy before moving out are the most essential things you cannot live without in your new house for the very first few days or weeks after moving in.
In order to strategically guide you, we will list the thing to buy when moving out per room. That will show you how to move out per room and your moving shopping list per room. These rooms include the bedroom, table room, kitchen, and washroom.
Below are the things to buy before moving out per room for your house. Ensure your moving shopping list has each of the following things based on your new house rooms.
Bedroom Things to Buy Before Moving Out
The bedroom is at the heart of every house. Purpose to buy the best quality things for your bedroom. The bedroom shopping list includes;
- Bedding; bedding includes mattresses, mattress covers, duvets, blankets, bedsheets, pillows, pillow covers, etc.
- Curtains; this covers you from the outside, measure your window size before buying the curtains. Check out the colors and interior design accordingly.
- Hangers; this helps keep your clothes in order.
- Iron box; help you press your clothes and be good-looking while out here with us in the public.
- Laundry basket; need to hold your dirty, sweaty, or unkempt clothes.
- Mirror; reflects your look and dress code, very important for self-conversation.
- Shoe Rack; holds your shoes
- Bed; comes last since you can buy it any other time if you have a good quality mattress in a warm house
Therefore, as you create your bedroom shopping list, consider the bedroom to be a special room for you. You even know it holds some of your deeps secrets while you are asleep or doing anything. Who knows what you do? You also know it is a room that gives access to only special people.
Kitchen Things to Buy Before Moving Out
When you are wondering how to move out from the house you are currently living in, always put the kitchen on your big list.
Most people move and end up sleeping hungry on their first day in their new house. So do you know the essential things to buy when moving out for your new kitchen?
Your moving shopping list for the kitchen should be as follows;
- Cooker; definitely for cooking
- Cooking pots & Sticks; get the best cooking pots for different meals e.g. frying pots, pans etc.
- Plates; buy durable plates and good-looking, good plates add appetite.
- Cups and Mags; buy cups and mugs for hot and cold stuff, for fancy and cold moments. Some materials break upon heating.
- Knives, sharpening files and priers, etc.; don’t just buy a knife without a file to sharpen. Priers are perfectly used to cut papers and sealed packets. Don’t use your teeth to cut milk packets.
- Cooking shopping; these include rice, flour, salt, spaghetti, oil, sugar, milk, etc.
Such are the basic things you at least need to buy before moving out to a new house. After buying these essentials there is this sample guide on how to pack and move your kitchenware.
Remember being your first-time move, you need some basic and few things to ease your relocation. Moreover, the fewer the things, the cheaper you will pay your moving company.
Table room Things to Buy Before Moving Out
A table room is a social room that gives the first impression to your visitors hence you need the best things for your table room.
However, before you move, it is not realistic to buy everything fancy and elegantly big to pimp your house because you desire them.
If you are wondering how to move out and have a good start for your table room, these are the table room things to buy before moving out;
- Seats/couches; buy simple but quality couches before you move out, you’ll need to add bigger and better seats after moving into your new house.
- Curtains; curtains are very basic to cover you from the outside. Ensure you interior match the colors to have an elegant looking house.
- Table/ classic stools; these are simple places to place your meals among other things as your seat.
- Basic wall hanging; choose a personalized art, clock, or even a picture to lighten your room.
House beautiful is an agency that gives great table room decoration tips that you can use to plan before you move.
Washroom Things to Buy Before Moving Out
Do we call it restroom, bathroom or? Well, this is a refreshing room to rejuvenate you. Here is the washroom moving shopping list;
- Toiletries; tissues, detergents, soaps, jells, etc.
- Towels; buy a few for a start
- Room curtain; remember the washroom windows are small in size
- Washroom brush; to clean the precious room
- Spray; to keep it good-smelling before and after any business
When buying anything before moving, consider its necessity. If it is not so necessary at the beginning, it can be bought after moving in. Basic thing first but quality before.
Things to Buy when Moving Out
After developing your moving shopping list and buying the basic things before moving, you need a few general things you need to buy when you are moving.
These are the general things you need to help you settle in with ease. They include;
- Toothbrush, paste, and dental floss; don’t transit with an old toothbrush, start all afresh.
- Bulbs, flashlight, and candles; confirm if your house has preinstalled bulbs and buy accordingly
- Padlocks; to lock your doors and balconies if you don’t have preinstalled locks
- Mop, dustpan, liners, and broom; to keep your house clean
- Extension cable; to plug your phone, television, laptop, etc.
- Buckets and wipers; to use to wipe
This basic but general moving shopping list guides you on how to move out and settle in your new house with new and simple things.
After buying all these things you need some tips to help you move out. Below are tips on how to move out for the first time.
12 Tips to Guide You on How to Move Out
- Communicate with your family early enough
- Create a moving plan of day and time
- Budget accordingly
- Pay the new house according to the agreed terms
- Find the best moving company to move you
- Confirm the cleanliness, lighting system, and safety of your new house
- Find the best cleaning company
- Pack the personal essentials
- Donate the unnecessary clothes among other things
- Move out
- Settle in and have a cleaning company fine-tune everything
- Enhance and start improving your new house
Since you have settled in your new house, you need to enhance it and make it cooler by gradually buying the following things.
Things to Buy After Moving Out and Moving in to Improve your House
We all agree after moving to your new house, you need to personalize and make it better with time. Throughout our shifting and moving experiences, we encounter great personalized houses.
Cozy spaces that have been improved over time. Converting your simple house to a mini palace. We hold it all for you based on our personalized experiences.
Below are the things you can buy to improve your house after moving out and moving in to improve your house;
If you love some printed art that sticks and converts the appeal of your walls, buy a 3D wallpaper. The wallpaper could be of nature, a Zulu animal, artistic impression, or even yourself. It will greatly enhance your house into your personality.
Do you love some personalized color combinations? Well, after moving into your new house, combine your favorite paints to bring out the best colors.
It will depict your personality and impression. Recently, there are modern tech developed paste such as Belka wall design you can use instead of paints to alternatively make your house cozy.
These are mounted pictures, arts, and achievements. Who wouldn’t love to feel this great impression of what they love to see in their own space.
You should see our office arts and color combination, you’ll love our interior design team.
D. Custom-Designed Couches and Tables
The art of displaying a personality can only be dominantly brought out in your house by the color and texture of the seats and tables. Smartly chose the best colors and texture of your seats.
Feel good after moving into your house. Furniture palace, tangerine, elegance, Victoria Courts, and Moko are some of the best places you can buy your best couches. See the best couch interior design to help you plan.
E. Carpets and Curtains
The simplest and easiest things to buy after moving into your new house include a carpet and curtains. Enhance the color and impression by the color choices of your curtains and carpet.
Your post-moving shopping list should have such easy things to buy when moving out. These interior planning designs will help you set up your interior easily.
F. Customized Ceiling
If you feel your house is not up to date with modern gypsum ceiling and paste colors. Moreover, you can install some gypsum ground lighting that will elegantly enhance your house.
Do you have the best tips on how to move out and settle in? Let’s hear your thought.
Moving from one house to the other provides a great opportunity to beautify and bring out your great personality in your own space. However, most people wonder how to move out and what to put on their moving shopping list.
Follow the guide above to easily prepare on how to move out for the first time. You need to know if you know the things to buy when moving out in advance will save you money, time, pressure, and moving charges.
Moving charges go high the more you buy things in the house. Nevertheless, when you move into your new house, modify and bring out the elegance of your personality.